- Select Tools on the Course Menu.
- Click Hide Link next to the tools that you are not using.
You may also create a Banner very easily in PowerPoint.
- Open a new PowerPoint presentation and select a Blank Content Layout.
- Click Design Page setup – Select Banner from Slides size for drop down menu
- Design your banner using WordArt, Text boxes, ClipArt or digital Photos.
- Save the Banner as a JPEG file.
- To upload the Banner into Blackboard, select Customization in the Control Panel area.
- Click on Style and scroll down to Select Banner, click Browse and Select the JPEG file of the Banner you created in PowerPoint and click Submit
- From the Control Panel select Customization and Style.
- Change the Course Entry Point to Announcement
- From the control Panel Select Customization and Properties in the Control Panel area.
- In the Set Availability, Make Course Available area select Yes and click Submit.
- Select Course Tools.
- Click Announcements link and Create Announcement.
- Fill in the Subject and Message fields and select the appropriate Options.
- Click Submit.
- From the control Panel click Course Tools.
- Click Send Email.
- Select the Users.
- Type in a Subject and a Message and click Submit