Arizona Western College offers many of its courses through a variety of distance education delivery systems. At AWC, distance education means instruction that is (1) delivered to the learner regardless of time and/or geographical location, and (2) delivered via various non-traditional means.
Monday, December 5, 2011
Blackboard Tip: Suggestions for the End of the Semester
Following some suggestions for the end of the semester
·Make your courses unavailable
·Automatic Zero fill for grade book blank items
·Download your grade book
·Archive your course
Make your courses unavailable:
- From the Control Panel, click Customization and select Properties.
- Under the third option Set Availability, check the box next to No.
- Click Submit.
Automatic Zero fill for grade book blank items :
Click the chevron (two down arrows) near the weighted total column .
Select Edit Column Information
Select No for Calculate as Running Total.
Download course Grade Book:
-From within your grade center click Work Offline - select Download.
-On the Download Grades page under Data, select Full Grade Center, and under Options, keep the option section as default click submit .
Click the Download button and choose where to save the file.
The file will be saved with excel 2003 *.xls extension .
Archive your course
- From the Control Panel, click Packages and Utilities and select Export/Archive Course.
Note:Archive saves all elements of the course, which includes all student grades, tests, student activities and the course roster. Export saves all or parts of the course structure. Exporting does not include student activities or student roster.
- On the Archive Course page under Select Copy Options, select Include Grade Center History. - Click Submit.
Note: The archived course is saved in a zip and may take some time to be processed. An email will be sent when the process is completed.
- Click the Archive File link to download to your computer or click the chevron near the file name and select open .